How to Do Things
Sometimes doing things the "old-fashioned way" is still the best way: For anyone who wants to learn how to catch a runaway pig, mend a fence post, milk a cow, or throw an unforgettable barn party, this engaging volume delivers timeless advice on accomplishing tasks big and small around the house, garden, and farm. Written by farmers and craftsmen and featuring original text and illustrations from the 1919 first edition, the 100th-anniversary volume of How to Do Things presents a new generation of readers with expert guidance on every facet of homesteading in a very handsomely crafted package.
- With projects that range from practical (ridding a yard of poison ivy) to downright bemusing (organizing a potato peeling contest), this delightful book is equal parts useful and entertaining.
- Originally published by the editors of Farm Journal a century ago, How to Do Things still contains relevant information for today's world.
- With the handwriting – and doodles – of the test taker, readers will have flashbacks of anxiously sitting over a test paper chewing on the end of a pencil.
An ode to self-reliance and an invitation to reconnect with life's simple pleasures.
- A must-have for anyone who enjoys doing things with their own two hands.
- Beautifully packaged, How to Do Things makes a great gift for farmers, city dwellers and everyone in between.
All items purchased at full price are eligible for a return or exchange to the payment method used within 14 days the purchase date as long as the product hasn't been used or damaged. To request a return or exchange email us at email@example.com
For more information on returns and exchanges, please click here.
We try to get your items out to you as soon as we can. Most orders are shipped out within 1 business day and orders placed on the weekends will be sent out no later than Monday of the following week.
We ship to all recognized USPS addresses.
We are partners in business and in life, and founded Hamilton & Adams because we love the thrill of an adventure. Having spent years traveling the world with extensive time in the Hudson Valley living and learning about the region’s rich history, we decided to embark on the ultimate adventure – build a business that shares the best of what the Upstate region has to offer with the world.