Is it spring yet?
Officially, yes. Some days it feels like it; some days it doesn’t. But warmer weather is definitely on the way — and nothing puts a spring in our step like a fresh new look.
Maybe you’ve done some spring cleaning and you’re ready to restock your wardrobe. Maybe you’re tired of chunky cable-knit sweaters and want a piece that can flow with the late-April breeze. Or maybe you just need some inspiration as you gear up for the season’s first grill party.
If you’re looking for a little advice as you embark on your spring refresh, here are 3 guidelines to keep in mind.
Embrace quiet luxury.
The phrase “quiet luxury” is having a moment. It refers to clothing that’s sophisticated, understated, and timeless — not flashy or frilly or self-consciously trendy. (Think of it like this: if Shiv Roy would wear it, then it’s quietly luxurious.)
To add some quiet luxury to your spring wardrobe, look no further than our Alex Mill collection:
- On the women’s side, we love the garment-dyed jumpsuit with a herringbone weave and the elegantly blousey Katherine shirt in end-on-end fabric.
- For men, take a look at Alex Mill’s vintage-washed blazer with matching chinos for a casual take on a spring suit with a lived-in, vintage feel.
Go for matching sets.
There’s a reason why matching sets are so popular right now: they’re equal parts polished and playful, and you don’t have to worry about what goes with what. Here are a few of our current favorites.
- Marine Layer. If you took a romper and gave it a couple daquiris, you might end up with something like the Lucy short-sleeve resort shirt with matching beach short. This smart set is lightweight and breezy, with a relaxed fit that’s just right for a lazy Sunday in May. For a matching set in our men’s collection, check out the short-sleeve resort shirt with matching swim trunk in brown block print.
- Fair Harbor. If you want a heritage look with updated features for comfort and performance, the Casablanca camp shirt pairs perfectly with the Bayberry trunk in blue and orange.
Our sweet spot is where classic and modern meet. These H&A exclusives are the ultimate expression of our personal aesthetic: high-quality, super-comfortable, and built to last.
- The Overlook Polo. Inspired by our favorite overlook in upstate New York, this go-anywhere, do-anything shirt combines fine craftsmanship and friendly fabric with a modern fit.
- The Lewis Pocket T. This wardrobe classic is crafted from 100% 8-ounce cotton jersey, then garment-dyed and garment-washed for a buttery-soft feel. Offset it with a bandana for a pop of color (and a helpful bit of layering in unpredictable spring weather).
- The Hamlin Polo. Created in collaboration with The Normal Brand, this shirt is crafted with care from a Hamlin Jersey cotton/poly blend. It’s the definition of a better basic — and the product of a perfect partnership.
There’s so much more, both online and in-store. If you’re looking to put a little extra spring in your step (or a little more May in your wardrobe), we’d love to help you find your new favorite thing.
Here’s to new seasons, new adventures, and whatever comes next.
Andrew + Clark
Missed our Last //Blog post? Check it out here.