If you're like us, you're always up for discovering new places Upstate and beyond. This //blog post is the first in a quarterly series of 'Trail Guides' that we hope will inspire you to discover the world around you.
This season, we focused on some of our tried and true, forgot about them places and never been places. Here's some to add to your list while summer is heating up.
What to DO:
- Stay at Wolf Hollow Camp--home of our Summer photo shoot
- Catskills Firetower challenge. The Catskill Fire Tower Challenge is on for 2022! Hikers who complete all six of the Catskills Fire Towers are eligible to receive a prize!
- Albany Capital buildings scavenger hunt tour --tired of politics but love NY? Albany is a hidden treasure of architecture and historical stories.
- Hyde Park: The Home of FDR --Carbi B went with David Letterman--Surely you can handle it with your family...
- Woodstock Animal Sanctuary Say 'HELLO' to Dolly!
Where to DINE:
- Urban Cowboy Lodge (literally order anything on the menu, it's amazing. Stay for the drinks by the fire, inside or out)
- Watershed Roxbury. Tell them we sent you, and grab a brekkie sandwich.
- Dinosaur Bar-B-Que (we like the TROY spot, it's right on the Hudson)
- The Troy Beer Garden (It's right by Dino BBQ, so you can wash down that meal)
- Talbott & Arding in Hudson for artisanal cheeses and all the accoutrement for them
What to Discover:
- A new bike trail (start or end in Kingston!)
- Art Omi (tag us in your pic by the giant deer)
- Your skills- by volunteering
- Bethel Woods again and your inner hippie
- Ways to pay it forward, sign up for CPR
Where ever you go this summer, let your curiosity guide you...and of course, tag us in your Instagram posts so we can travel along with you.
#staycurious #summercamp2022 #upstateandchill
Yours in Curiosity,
Andrew + Clark
Missed our last //Blog post? Discover it here.