Why Shop Small?
Let's take our block at a quick snap shot. It is entirely composed of small, locally owned businesses, and the 8 of us cross all spectrums of society. 2 restaurants, a natural beauty shop (with services!), a tattoo parlor, a real estate office, an artists studio and 2 clothing boutiques. Our tiny block in Kingston alone employs over 50 people at any given time.
Here's what happens when you Shop Small:
- More of your money will be kept in your local economy
- You embrace what makes your community unique
- You create local jobs
- You help the environment
- You nurture community
- You conserve your tax dollars
- You create more choice
- You took advantage of their expertise
- You invested in entrepreneurship
- You made your community a destination
For more information: check out this site: https://www.independentwestand.org/
Curious for some more stats?
- 65% of the money spent in a small business stays in the local economy
- Small businesses are 44% of the United States payroll
- They account for over 58.9 Million jobs
- There are nearly 31 Million small businesses in the United States
- We create over 1.5 million new jobs every year
- Lastly- do you know the #1 reason a small business closes? Its lack of demand, which then contribute to cash flow constraints.
It's not just a marketing catch line, shopping small is American Patriotism.
We hope to see you soon,
Andrew & Clark
Leave a comment