2020, am I right?
It’s been a tough year. Like just about everyone, we’ve had our bad days—and yes, we’ve done our share of complaining. But we’ve also tried to maintain a sense of gratitude, because we’re very aware that we have a lot to be thankful for…even in such turbulent and troubling times. Here are just a few things that come to mind:
- We’re thankful for good health (despite COVID reaching our family and team).
- We’re thankful for our community in Kingston. (Let’s all continue to support our local restaurants through the long winter!)
- We’re thankful for our customers. You keep showing up for us, and that means we get to keep doing what we love.
- We’re thankful for a democratic process that will continue to improve when we all participate.
- We’re thankful for kindness, empathy, science, and the truth.
The two of us are spending the day a little more quietly than usual, without hosting our usual Friendsgiving, because it’s the right thing to do. We know many of you are doing the same. There’s sadness in that, but there’s also kindness. By choosing to stay apart this weekend, we’re giving each other a chance to spend many more holidays together, for many years to come.
We believe, now more than ever, that gratitude and hope often go hand in hand—so with grateful hearts, we look forward to a better tomorrow.
Be well, wear a mask, and #staycurious.
Andrew + Clark
Missed our last post about cutting the perfect Christmas Tree? Read it here.